January 30, 2014

Jared Eberwein: January Ender

“Andrew Lazaruk and I headed towards San Diego for the plan that we had set up. On Sunday we made plans to meet Justin Kosman and Gary Young at Pala Skatepark, which is a little outside of San Diego. The park is new to having BMX sessions, and they only allow them in on Sundays from 2PM till dark, but they’re about to start having sessions on Wednesday starting this week as well. Rules are plastic pedals, pegs, and barends only, so if you don’t care for plastic pedals, keep a set on you to swap them out real quick. Also, $5 bucks to ride. This was my third time riding this park, it’s a lot of fun, especially when the place is pretty empty, because you can almost end up linking the entire park together. We rode for a few hours, shot some photos and video clips. The sun had dropped, we packed up, and Andrew, Justin, and I went to dinner. Andrew and I were staying the night at Justin’s place, so we can all wake up early and go ride a new park in Oceanside that bikes aren’t allowed at. We were set to leave at 7AM, woke up at 6:30AM to a text from Justin saying “I don’t know if you guys heard me all last night, but I’ve been throwing up all night long”. There was no way he was going to make it out with us, so we headed out, pulled up to the new park. It was busier then I expected it to be at 7:30 in the morning, on a holiday (MLK) with little kids and their parents. We figured people would maybe sleep in at least a little on a holiday.

Didn’t ruin the session though, but it was pretty damn cold. Sun finally heated up a bit, and we had a pretty good two hours of riding. Lined up schedules with Matty and Joey Cardova, to ride their trails around 1 or 2. We had time to kill before then, went to breakfast, and head to another skatepark that we’ve been to once. Rode MLK skatepark in Oceanside on the MLK holiday haha. Went and checked out another park next to the one we were at called Bishop Park, rode for a bit and then headed to the trails. We pulled up, Matty was putting some finishing touches on the last set of the line. Helped get that dialed in and then the session started. We had a long day, it was fun, exciting, tiring, but so good.”

January 30, 2014


We are taking precautions to protect our employees and follow CDC and state guidelines. In the meantime, our machine shop is still running, we're here to assist you and we'll be shipping product to help support bike shops during this difficult time.