Z Coaster™ HUB
BUILD YOUR OWN HUB (BYOH)
Choices for following:
-Spoke holes/Drive side
-Axle Bolts: Choose any Chromo bolt option at NO EXTRA CHARGE!
-Slack Cam Ring
-The Z Coaster™ is a proprietary freecoaster style hub engineered, designed, & manufactured by Profile Racing. It essentially works as a spring/pawl cassette hub that can be disengaged into a freecoaster with varying slack options.
Highlights of the Z Coaster™:
- The Z Coaster™’s Pawl is “Z” shaped to allow for engagement/disengagement by the center Slack Cam Ring. This allows for adjustable slack by being able to switch cam rings. They are available in 20/33/45 deg, 60 deg, 75 deg, 90 deg, & 115 deg slack opti0ns. This means you can dial in the slack from less than 1/8 of a crank to a full 1/3 of a crank!
- The Z Coaster™ has an outer driver support bearing for the oversized driver mechanism. This bearing supports the driver from the outside.
- The Z Coaster™’s pawls and ratchet ring have a proprietary coating that offer smooth engagement.
There are 48 points of engagement: all pawls engage simultaneously.
- Slack Options: 20/33/45 Degrees (45 degrees = 1/8 of a crank), 60 Degrees (1/6 of a crank), 75 Degrees (1/5 of a crank), 90 Degrees (1/4 of a crank), 115 Degrees (1/3 of a crank)
- 9t Drivers: 3/32″ or 1/8″width, Chromoly or Titanium
- Choice of 3/8″ Bolt On or 14mm Axles-Chromoly or Titanium
- RHD OR LHD
- 36h Only
- Utility patents and design patents granted & pending.
- Made here in the USA at the Profile Racing factory.
Colors: Red, Black, Blue, Polished, Gold , Green, Purple, Aqua, Matte Black, White
Z Coaster™ Hub Weights:
Hub w/14mm GDH Chromo 9t Chromo: 583g/20.55oz
Hub w/ 14mm GDH Titanium 9t Titanium: 466g/16.4oz
Hub w/ 3/8 Chromo 9t Chromo: 559g/19.7oz
Hub w/ 3/8 Titanium 9t Titanium: 461g/16.2oz
Z Coaster™ Hub Dimensions:
Center to Drive Side Flange–32mm
Flange Diameter on Drive-Side–66mm
Center to Non-Drive Flange–32mm
Flange Diameter on Non-Drive Side–50mm